THE YOUNG TERRORIST Illuminates the Journey from Arab Militant to Proud American

The Young Terrorist cover
Armin Lear Press logo

Nabil Khouri Takes Readers Deep Inside Emotional Conflict between Culture and Moral Choice
BOULDER, COLORADO, UNITED STATES, August 4, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — The release today of Nabil Khouri’s memoi…

Doubting the New Somerton Man Findings: Do 0.01% Error Chances Actually Matter in Science?

The Somerton Man Autopsy Photo

The Somerton Man Autopsy Photo

The Somerton Man Code on a Copy of Edward FitzGerald's 1st Edition of Omar Khayyam's Rubaiyat

The Somerton Man Code on a Copy of Edward FitzGerald’s 1st Edition of Omar Khayyam’s Rubaiyat

'Tamám Shud' Cut-Out Piece Found in the Watch (fob) Pocket of The Somerton Man

‘Tamám Shud’ Cut-Out Piece Found in the Watch (fob) Pocket of The Somerton Man

Front Cover -- Tamám Shud: How the Somerton Man’s Last Dance for a Lasting Life Was Decoded -- Omar Khayyam Center Research Report

Front Cover — Tamám Shud: How the Somerton Man’s Last Dance for a Lasting Life Was Decoded — Omar Khayyam Center Research Report

Omar Khayyam Statue, Laleh Park, Tehran, Iran

Omar Khayyam Statue, Laleh Park, Tehran, Iran

The best scientific explanation is always one that verifiably incorporates and synthesizes all the relevant existing data gathered so far, past, and present.

0.01% error chances count in science, often proving to be more helpful than drawing 99.99% conclusions. In fact, major errors in science are often learned initially by way of 0.01% chances of error.”

— Mohammad H. Tamdgidi, Ph.D., Sociologist and Report Author

GREATER BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES, August 2, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Those who have been interested in the Somerton Man (TSM) case may find an article newly posted at OKCIR (also readable below in the scrollable section of this press release) by sociologist Mohammad H. Tamdgidi, Ph.D., helpful in further investigating the case. Tamdgidi is the author of OKCIR’s recently published “Tamám Shud: How the Somerton Man’s Last Dance for a Lasting Life Was Decoded — Omar Khayyam Center Research Report” (Okcir Press, 2021). The report is freely readable online.

According to Tamdgidi, “the new findings about TSM, identifying him as Carl ‘Charles’ Webb with 99.99% certitude, certainly raise new hopes and further venues for exploration, but at the same time add new questions about and challenges for interpreting previously collected data, ones that are still relevant and must also be explained.”

0.01% error chances actually count in science, often proving to be more helpful than drawing 99.99% conclusions. In fact, major errors in science are often learned initially by way of unexpected 0.01% chances of error. Something minor is found not to quite fit a story initially; what seems logical at first proves not to be so upon further reflection. It is for this reason that those offering new scientific propositions usually share all the details of their new findings in advance and refrain from drawing final conclusions, to make it possible for others to also judge for themselves the soundness of any ideas that have been offered as solutions to longstanding puzzles.

Although science aspires to be value neutral, Tamdgidi write, it can never be so without allowing for open and self-reflective acknowledgment of biases in investigators’ work. DNA study results and their interpretations are not purely physical facts or findings but result from human conducted studies and are always explored amid personal and institutional settings that are influenced by human values, interests, biases, and errors.

It is of course always wonderful to make breakthroughs in solving puzzles such as the Somerton Man case, Tamdgidi writes. However, seventy plus years of waiting would be better served by a more cautious and less rushed drawing of conclusions. Ultimately, this case is privately about a person, his relatives and friends, and their characters and lives, and publicly about Australia and how it handles its longstanding unsolved cases. Human beings are much more complicated than what may appear in a newspaper ad or divorce filing. Those who have wished to put to rest the story of the Somerton Man’s death must obviously care about returning him back to dust with dignity to the extent his life had and deserved.

There is a choice here, for example, of reburying TSM as a gambler or as a thoughtful poet who was depressed about having lost many loved ones suddenly to old age or a world war, reflecting on the meaning of life amid a marriage gone sour while facing a terminal illness. The best scientific explanation, in the author’s view, is always one that verifiably incorporates and synthesizes all the relevant existing data gathered so far, past, and present, and refrains from arbitrarily picking and choosing some clues or coincidences at the cost of others simply because new conclusions help gloss over past interpretive failures.

Tamdgidi’s posted article offers some points to consider while investigating and interpreting the information being newly reported and analyzed. It first considers the possibility that Carl ‘Charles’ Webb may not be the Somerton Man. It then considers the second possibility that the two may be the same person.

In Tamdgidi’s previously published 2021 report, the Somerton Man’s code was deciphered to be a suicide note, written in the poetic form of a quatrain composed as a transliteration from Arabic, in the style of “Tamám Shud.” The torn-out piece found in his fob pocket basically served as a key to the transliterated nature of the code found on the back of the book from which it had been torn. The Somerton Man was thus revealed to be poetically inclined, creatively orchestrating his tragic suicide facing a terminal illness as a way of leaving a lasting trace in public memory, having been inspired by the enduring example of Omar Khayyam’s poetry.

Tamdgidi specializes in exploring and advancing the sociological imagination in comparative cultural and global/world-historical frameworks. The sociological imagination, a term coined by the noted American sociologist C. Wright Mills in 1959, is a mode of inquiry in sociology centering on the idea that human life can be best understood by way of exploring how personal and private troubles of individuals and the public issues of their times relate to one another. The Somerton Man case provides a tragic, yet fascinating, window for the cultivation of our sociological imaginations.

——————————————

Mohammad H. (Behrooz) Tamdgidi is the founding director and editor of OKCIR: Omar Khayyam Center for Integrative Research in Utopia, Mysticism, and Science (Utopystics) (www.okcir.com) and its scholarly journal “Human Architecture: Journal of the Sociology of Self-Knowledge,” which have served since 2002 to frame his independent research, teaching, and publishing initiatives. A former associate professor of sociology specializing in social theory at UMass Boston, he holds a Ph.D. and M.A. in sociology and a graduate certificate in Middle Eastern studies from Binghamton University (SUNY) and received his B.A. in architecture from U.C. Berkeley. Besides his work in progress on the 12-volume series “Omar Khayyam’s Secret: Hermeneutics of the Robaiyat in Quantum Sociological Imagination,” his previous publications include “Liberating Sociology: From Newtonian Toward Quantum Imaginations: Volume 1: Unriddling the Quantum Enigma” (Okcir Press, 2020), “Gurdjieff and Hypnosis: A Hermeneutic Study” (Palgrave Macmillan, 2009) and “Advancing Utopistics: The Three Component Parts and Errors of Marxism” (Routledge/Paradigm, 2007). Due to research commitments and preference for written communication, the author can only be reached via email.

Mohammad Tamdgidi
OKCIR: Omar Khayyam Center for Integrative Research
pressrelease@okcir.com

Chattel Slavery and 403 years of intergenerational pain are being laid to rest on August 20, 2022

It’s time to lay all of the effects of chattel slavey to rest, so we can heal.

Over the ages, let us count, honor and release those we have lost

It’s time to cut the ties with one of the worst and longest crimes in our country’s history.

As a country and as one world community, we recreate our world as a place of justice, where every citizen is empowered and thriving.”

— Sonia Bailey

DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, USA, August 1, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Hope is building around a memorial service marking the official end of the intergenerational pain of chattel slavery, some 400 years after it began. Although all of the effects of this atrocity won’t magically disappear on August 20, Requiem for Slavery is a ‘period at the end of our sentence’ of being prisoners of the chattel slavery war. The sentiment surrounding the date marks a new direction for people of African descent and for people of all races and ethnicities who reject skin color bias and structural racism.

It is a point in time when we formally embrace a new dawn, a new beginning, to establish personal and collective wholeness.

The event on August 20, 2022, at 10:00 am, takes place at Von D. Mizell/Eula Johnson State Park in Dania Beach, 6503 N. Ocean Drive, Dania Beach, FL, 33004 at the Pelican Pavilion. The date marks 403 years since that identified by the 1619 Project’s acknowledgment of the first enslaved person’s arrival on U.S. soil that year. Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Recreation and Parks, has waived entry fees for Requiem participants on the day of the event.

Mayor Tamara James of Dania Beach will lend remarks regarding the historic event. Mayor James is a proven leader and community advocate. Born and raised in Dania Beach, FL, Mayor James is a University of Miami alumna, a retired WNBA athlete, world traveler, and mother, and is in her second term as the mayor of the City of Dania Beach. Mayor James is the youngest mayor in the history of Dania Beach. Mayor James has a fervent passion for providing Dania Beach residents with transparent leadership, safe practices, and viable community programs to create a thriving, unified environment for all citizens.

Kisha King, Associate Professor of History and Associate Dean of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Broward college, who has been teaching African American History for more than 25 years, will provide perspective through her remarks. She will also lend concepts on which participants may continue to build a foundation of healing.

Shango Ra, a leader, and honored elder who upholds and preserves Afrocentric values in the local community, and a long-term resident of South Florida, will reflect on his ‘lived experience’ of racial injustice in the area. He operates the House of Kuumba in Dania. He also hosts a drumming circle every Sunday at 3 PM to teach the art and history of the African drum to modern-day blacks of any age and to pass the tradition to young people and others who value its healing properties and its place as a tool of leadership.

Original songs reflecting healing will be offered by Ms. Jazmin Lightbourn.

So, what is Requiem For Slavery, exactly? How can you embrace wholeness?

“Working together, African descendants can heal ourselves from the intergenerational trauma of slavery. As a country and as one world community, we recreate our world as a place of justice, where every citizen is empowered and thriving,” says Sonia Bailey of Fire Forged Recovery. The organization offers this guidance:
• Mark August 20, 2022, as the turning point to a new beginning. Attend the Requiem for Slavery as you would attend any other landmark life event.
• Acknowledge the Requiem for Slavery in your home and community on August 20 to mark this turning point to our new beginning.
• Examine your mind, body, soul, and spirit to find the places that need healing from internalized bias. Join us in finding ways to heal this bias for good.
• Help yourself and others to heal by growing the Cultural Wellness Movement in your community.

Find out more about the Cultural Wellness Movement at www.theculturehasthecure.com. There, you can become an Ambassador for the movement in your town, sign up to attend an upcoming workshop, take the 30-day wellness challenge, or take another action step.

Get your ticket to attend the Requiem For Slavery at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/requiem-for-slavery-tickets-313255855697, or RSVP at TheCultureHasTheCure.com/requiem-for-slavery. Call or text (754) 777-0806 for more information.

Sonia Bailey
Fire Forged Recovery
+1 754-777-0806
theculturecures@fireforgedrecovery.com
Visit us on social media:
Facebook

Ho-Chunk Nation Releases Milestone Indigenous Language Digital Dictionary

Ho-Chunk Nation is excited to announce the release of their Hoocąk Wazijaci (Ho-Chunk language) online and mobile dictionary.
MADISON, WISCONSIN, UNITED STATES, July 28, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — On July 30, 2022, Ho-Chunk Nation is proudly releasing …

2-Day Women’s Retreat, 3E Event, Transforms Minds, Hearts, Business, and Life

3E Event is where women expand their hearts minds and empowerment to make their mark on the world.
Liza Boubari is a clinical hypnotherapist and founder of the 3E method, host of 3E Event for women, and CEO of HealWithin where women come to evolve into…

2-Day Women’s Retreat, 3E Event, Transforms Minds, Hearts, Business, and Life

3E Event is where women expand their hearts minds and empowerment to make their mark on the world.
Liza Boubari is a clinical hypnotherapist and founder of the 3E method, host of 3E Event for women, and CEO of HealWithin where women come to evolve into…

Holocaust Survivor Joe Rubinstein Passes Away at 101

Joe Rubinstein on his 101st birthday, September 16, 2021. Photo by John Pregulman: jsp.robmerpartners@gmail.com

Joe Rubinstein holding a copy of the book about his life: Auschwitz #34207 The Joe Rubinstein Story (photo by Crystal Merrill 2019)

Joe Rubinstein holding a copy of the book about his life: Auschwitz #34207 The Joe Rubinstein Story (photo by Crystal Merrill 2019)

Holocaust survivor Joe Rubinstein holding photo of his beloved mother  that he had not seen since he was taken from the Radom, Poland, Ghetto in 1941

Holocaust survivor Joe Rubinstein holding photo of his beloved mother who perished in the Holocaust

“Love Life. Love God. Love each other. That’s all there is.”— Joe Rubinstein

I cannot imagine a world without Joe, but thankfully his life, legacy, and lessons will live on through the example he set for us all. Joe gave us an inspirational map on how to deal with adversity.”

— Author Nancy Sprowell Geise

CASTLE ROCK, CO, UNITED STATES, July 22, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — Holocaust survivor Joe Rubinstein passed away peacefully in Loveland, Colorado, on July 18, 2022. Joe was the believed to be the oldest known Holocaust survivor in Colorado.

Icek Jakub Rubinsztejn ”Joe Rubinstein” was born on September 16, 1920 in Radom, Poland. After Germany invaded Poland, Joe and his family were sent to the Radom Ghetto in 1941.

Two weeks later, Joe was taken from the ghetto and sent to several concentration camps. Joe never saw his family again. His widowed mother, Reska, his older brother, Dawid, Joe’s identical twin, Chaim, his younger brother, Abram, and younger sister, Laja, were all believed murdered at the Treblinka Death camp following the “liquidation” of the Radom Ghetto in 1942.

“It is my deepest prayer,” said Nancy Sprowell Geise, author of the award-winning book about his life, Auschwitz #34207 – The Joe Rubinstein Story, “that at this moment Joe is in the loving embrace of his beloved family. Although he survived decades without them, they never were far from his thoughts and heart. Even at the age of 101, Joe could not speak of them without weeping.”

Throughout his life, Joe defied the odds. He went on, not only to survive several of the most notorious Nazi concentration camps, including over two years at Auschwitz/Birkenau, but to live a long, productive, and joy-filled life. Joe and his bride, Irene, moved to the United States in 1949. Joe would become one of New York City’s leading shoe designers, working for such iconic companies as Korkease Shoes, Herbert Levine Shoes, Nina Shoes, Gelbrow Shoes, and later in California for Sbicca of California and Cherokee of California.

Joe’s philosophy of living so long: “Eat right, exercise every day and help each other. That’s what I did.”

Geise said, “For nearly 70 years Joe never told anyone about his story because he did not think anything good could come of it. After the book about his life was published, Joe was deeply touched by the many letters and feedback he got from people around the world telling him that if he found a way to live a joy-filled life after losing all he did, then they knew they could find a way to face their troubles.”

Geise is grateful that Joe finally decided to tell his story so that his family of origin will never be forgotten. “He became a voice for many who perished in the Holocaust and did not live to share their stories.”

“He was an inspiration to so many,” Geise said. “He will continue to be an inspiration for future generations about not giving in to despair and not turning to darkness. Instead, Joe saw the best in people. He lived into the idea of how we each have a choice in how we respond to adversity. Joe chose joy.”

Joe is survived by his wife, Irene, of 74 years, a son, daughter-in-law, three grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.

On his 100th birthday, the City of Fort Collins, Colorado, declared the day “Joe Rubinstein Day.”

Geise said, “Joe told me in one of the last conversations I had with him, that every day he thanks God that he is alive, but that he is ready when God calls him home. Joe loved to remind people that life is precious and that we should never give up on it. I am grateful that he never did.”

To learn more about Joe’s remarkable life: Auschwitz #34207 – The Joe Rubinstein Story https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VRZ40B2/

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1939919120

Author website: www.nancygeise.com

Facebook for Author Nancy Sprowell Geise: https://www.facebook.com

Publisher website: https://merrydissonancepress.com/

Donna Mazzitelli
Merry Dissonance Press
email us here
Visit us on social media:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Other

Aivoitus lehti viettää juhlavuotta

Nyt vietetään Aivovammaliiton 30-vuotisjuhlavuotta. Aivovammaliiton toiminnassa Aivoitus-järjestölehti on tärkeässä roolissa jäsentiedottamisessa.
Useinkaan aivovamma ei näy päällepäin, mutta henkilölle itselleen aivovamma voi tuottaa monenlaista hank…