How it Works
Each project is unique but in general our book projects follow the path below starting with the proposal.
Formulate Your Proposal
**Net Revenue from the campaign along with any future royalties are shared between Publisher and Author, 50/50.
Formulate Your Proposal
- Complete our proposal form. Our team wants to meet you and discover your book.
- Share your manuscript or sample if you have it. If it’s not ready, that’s okay. A manuscript is not mandatory.
- Allow us a couple of days to read it and to get back to you! Please be patient, remember there are many other authors just like you waiting for their publishing opportunity.
- Schedule a call with Dawn, our Head of Crowdfunding or Steve, our Publisher. Either will talk to you about your book and define your campaign steps.
- Receive training on editorial marketing and communication.
- Define a campaign strategy with our crowdfunding team. Our goal is to generate all necessary content and promote your campaign to reach your goal.
- Share the campaign with your community for 30 days.
- Receive weekly advice from your campaign coordinator.
- Participate in workshops with other authors from the community.
- Achieve your campaign goal to finance your book.
- Work on your manuscript to deliver it within 2-3 months.
- You’ll work with professionals specialized in proofreading, layout, and design.
- You’ll work on a marketing plan with a sales goal at the book launch. No worries, we’ll help!
- Discover the result before publishing your book for the final touches.
- Your contributors from the crowdfunding campaign will receive their pre-ordered copies.
- Your book is finally published!
- Reach new readers and nourish your community.
- Track your sales.
- Earn money with your book and leverage your business.
- We charge the authors account only for cash costs (i.e. the actual cost of printing and mailing books from the crowd campaign).
- We also charge the authors account for the cost of formatting and cover design. Because we work with staff offshore our costs are very minimal.
- There is also a one-time platform fee of $100. This fee is covered by the crowdfunding campaign.
- Once the deductions are taken into account the remaining is shared with the author according to the royalty schedule.
- All other royalties are paid according to the royalty schedule from the net revenues sent to us from our distributor.
- The author never pays out of pocket for any publishing costs - all the costs are paid for by the crowdfunding campaign.
|Revenue from Book Sales||$4,120.00|
|Cost of Print Copies||$751.80|
|Total Cost of Books/Shipping||$1,851.66|